Thursday, January 11, 2007

beyond the call of duty, an occasional series

As the Canadians seem to have almost no grafitti*, or at any rate Granville Island is certainly in that state, I have been unable to record any sprayed images.

On the other hand, when I was rigging my show this afternoon, I got chatting to one of the house techs. Rather to my bewilderment he asked me what I did for a living, when I replied that I was by and large a theatre electrician of some sort, he became quite animated;
'I'm an electrician too,' he said.
'Glad to hear it, as you are plugging up for me,' I replied.
'What do you think of this?' he asked, putting his leg on the seat beside me and rolling up his trousers.
I was a little confused, our boy had a US style domestic power socket tattooed on his calf, all I could think of to say was; 'You'll have trouble getting adaptors for that if you come to Europe.'

A socket:





















I still can't work out why though, any suggestions will be gratefully received.

It's still snowing here now, great soggy lumps of the stuff, not especially cold, just very wet.

*since I made that comment I've been told that there are regular anti-grafitti inspections all over the city, and anything discovered is removed without ceremony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home