Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Norman conquests?

I just peeped over the parapet into that seething mass of garbage that laps against the walls of my hotmail junk filter, I only do this very occasionally, just in case someone has been misguided enough to send me a message.

As I hacked and slashed though the endless offers to enlarge my organ, or prolong its potency, one thing began to strike me. Although these mails were addressed to my e-mail address, they nearly all had the name Norman in the header; i.e. 'Hey Norman, check this out' or 'Norman: response needed by friday'. I am baffled, is there an american demographic that pegs all Normans as sexual pigmies with staying power to match? I think we should be told.

There does also seem to be some newish sort of spam text generator, because you get small lumps of completely weird and disconnected text thrown in for good measure. I make no apologies for offering the link to the Julie Burchill random recycler, as this too has that curious quality of almost making sense, without actually doing so (a quality I fear, that is too often shared by her unrecycled writing these days).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_tabraham/jbrr.htm

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our spam filter's exactly the same: Size & Staying Power are mainstays but we also get weird sex sites, chiefly incest and bestiality, incredible amounts of online poker, and more recently, a wave of diet pills and online dating. Almost all of them produce a line of bricolage which is incredibly annoying since you have to look twice. We have once or twice had something strange enough to be faintly interesting. Someone once sent in a short story about murdering his wife which was v badly written but odd enough I let it onto the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home