Friday, December 09, 2005

another opening, another show

I went to the opening night of Robinson Crusoe at Bury St Edmunds, as with all Panto openings, it was a bit rough round the edges. The economics of putting on a panto dictate that you always have a short rehearsal period, and extra technical demands. That, and the fair in town clogging up the roads, and holding up the audience, meant that the show was late and long.

All in all though, it is shaping up to be a good show, the kids loved it, and my contribution seems to deliver them to the door (alright, tent flap), in a suitable state of anticipation, and the jungle interior just builds on that.
The tent is a bit of a star, and allows the luxury of adding circus skills to the show, I look forward to seeing it again, when it's settled down.

Just by way of a contrast, an accident to the board operator has meant that I am doing two shows this weekend at the Brick Lane Music Hall, I suspect that 'Jack and his Giant Stalk' will be somewhat different, in a saucy East-End kind of way. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home