Friday, January 25, 2013

Come rain, come shine, the soft furnishings will get through.

I suppose there are more sensible times to buy a sofa, but our local furniture recycling place is having a sale (all sofas half-price). I can't say I blame them, you can't move in the place for fading chintz and carved moquette. For some reason when the Arts correspondent and I went our separate ways I was left with the couch, a venerable Victorian chesterfield covered with fading hunting scenes. Unfortunately the cat loved it, and in that super-gravitational way that a determined zen master feline can achieve, he created, a large divot, which was supremely comfortable for a cat, but not so good for a human. I have opened it up, and probed its horse-hair interior, without much success, and as I've never really liked it, the decision was relatively simple.
As we've currently got about eighteen inches of snow, and today we are threatened with the biggest dump so far, I wasn't expecting them to deliver any time soon. However, as soon as my cash was handed over, they were desperate to get it to me, so I've assured them that the track is passable, and I await their arrival with interest.
In the meantime, if anyone wants a free chesterfield, ideal for someone who wants to practise their upholstery skills, drop me a mail...

1 Comments:

At Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:45:00 pm, Blogger Lampy said...

As a postscript, the intrepid delivery men got half way up the track and bottled out. I did warn them that they'd need to screw their courage to the sticking point and carry on, calmly or otherwise, hopefully they'll try again on Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home