Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nature notes #674

Wildlife round here doesn't seem to have the patience for the full on test match. I kept an eye open for cricket fans when the last test was on, and other than an occasional midge, there wasn't a hint of interest. Twenty:twenty seems to be greeted with a similar degree of indifference, but, one day cricket, now you're talking. I was half listening to the game today, as I wrestled with recalcitrant pieces of furniture and was pleased to see one if the buzzards fly into my back garden (causing great consternation among the swifts). A minute or two later and my eye was caught by the weasel, skulking around by my car, eventually it moved right up to my back door, and hopped onto its back legs, presumably so it could enjoy the wit and wisdom of blowers et al. I was pleased that it was joined by a rabbit and two grouse, the succession of shoots don't seem to have got to my garden residents yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home