Wednesday, July 06, 2005

nomenclatura

Just a quick word of explanation about the naming of things; the theatre industry has a tendency to renaming things, hence my appellation; lampy, a kinder descriptive than sparks or sparky, another common term.

We lighting people get off lightly (sorry), by comparison with the other disciplines; carpenters, or chippies are also described as wood butchers, sound operators are universally known as noise boys, and those responsible for TVs and projection are called videots.

I'll update this theme as more choice terms cross my path.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:16:00 pm, Blogger Irene Adler said...

Surry, I'd been reading you as Lumpy.

 
At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:07:00 pm, Blogger Lampy said...

I've been called worse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home