Thursday, June 30, 2005

New arrivals, banana news



I have a new citrus, a Buddhas Hand citron. One of the weirdest citrus you can get, the segments of the fruit are individually enclosed,so you end up with a strange contorted fingery thing. Apparently the chinese use them to perfume rooms, I'll let you know.

Here is an update on the banana news;

My Musella Lasiocarpa is thriving, enjoying the mixture of rain and sun that seems to typify Wimbledon fortnight. My other two bananas, Musa Gran Nain and Musa Dwarf Orinoco are starting to take off at last, although they are both still tiny.
Strelitzia Nicolae is very shiny and green and positively throbbing. No signs of germination from any of the other banana seeds or strelitzia seeds, which is frankly something of a relief, there is a limit to how much I can overwinter indoors.

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 04, 2005 10:46:00 pm, Blogger Nick said...

Enjoying this very much - we shall be linking . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home