Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rubber Ducky

I was cleaning my bathroom today, and as I cleaned the sink, I encountered a small yellow duck. I acquired it while I was doing a tradeshow in Northern Ireland, and it is an example of a strange hotel gimmick. The Slieve Donnard hotel (shows how well these things work), makes a big deal of their rubber ducks, and in their office have a wall of ducks signed by celebrities.

Indeed, they have a notice in the bedrooms saying that if you don't have a duck in your bathroom, please call reception and they will send one up. Presumably everyone, as I did, takes their duck away with them.

The hotel I stay in when I'm doing shows in Switzerland places tiny Toblerones on your pillow each night, when they come in to turn down your bed in the evening. It's a different world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home