Saturday, March 10, 2007

there is such a thing as a free lunch

Many apologies for the lack of posts recently, the last leg of the tour involved dragging the show up and down Holland before diving across to Hungary for a couple of days. This meant that I had twenty-four consecutive working days without a day off, and after a couple of weeks of this I was beginning to lose the will to live.

Now I've had a few days off, and more importantly done my washing, I am back on the road, this time in Belgium. I commented previously about the working conditions in Dutch theatres, well I have to report that if the Kunstcentrum Vooruit is anything to go by the theatres are even better over here; not only do they provide lunch for their staff and any visitors (nothing grand; fresh soup, bread, cold meats and cheese, with fresh fruit to follow), but the crew room has a coffee machine, a fridge stuffed with beer, wine and coke. Today, as there were only a few of us here, they supplied an enormous platter of chocolates, jelly sweets etc and yet more fresh fruit.
I'm looking forward to the Kaaitheater in Brussels, as we have our own apartments on the sixth floor of the theatre, I could get used to Belgium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home