Saturday, February 10, 2007

Going Dutch

It's cold in Holland, and when we got back after our ten day gap since Frankfurt the truck had frozen up and wouldn't start. So I had a bizarre morning sitting in an industrial wasteland waiting for the breakdown man in my iced up cab and listening to the cricket live from Australia.

When I ambled into the theatre this morning I was quite impressed to see that the banks of the canal were lined with fisherman, stolidly watching their floats in the near freezing and very murky water. One fisherman in particular was so absorbed that he was totally unaware that there was a heron sitting right next to him, and also watching his float. Hard to say which one looked more cold or fed up, but I guess that my money would be on the heron.

So far on this tour travel has been quite awkward, my journey back out here was beset with delays and misinformation, tomorrow we travel on to Rotterdam, here's hoping it will begin to get better soon,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home