Tuesday, May 23, 2006

bad to wurst, part zwei

I arrived at the Volksbuhne in a slightly fragile state, the usual combination of not enough sleep and a little too much beer. Having brought the show in, I was leaning against a front of house stage ladder when my attention was caught by a piece of what appeared to be high density foam rubber propped against an electrical duct. It was only when I picked it up that I realised that it was in fact a six inch slab of decaying sausage meat. This did not rate as a pleasant early morning experience, and I can report that it is still there three days later.

Travelling up from Rotterdam it was hard to ignore the vast numbers of wind turbines, from my 31st floor eyrie I can see at least 60-70 depending on the weather. There doesn't seem to be the same amount of animosity over here, perhaps because they are mostly built on industrial sites, the sea front at Rotterdam being a very good example. I know they won't save the planet, but I do find them rather lovely.

Oh, and for those who care/note these things, today is the first birthday of Way out West, all together now....

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:15:00 pm, Blogger Christina S said...

I care about these things! Congrats Lampy and Happy Birthday to Way Out West!

An excellent post to celebrate with. I've just read it out to my husband, although I killed it a bit by guffawing with laughter on the run up to the sausage discovery because I'd pre-read and knew what was coming. (Reading out loud while trying not to laugh makes my laughs come out as snorts - which I suppose is appropriately piggy for a story involving a sausage).

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:26:00 pm, Blogger Nick said...

Happy Birthday! Long may you blog on . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home