Thursday, April 27, 2006

iBlob?

Some time ago I did one of those industry surveys that we all get sent every now and again, there was a vague promise to be put into a draw to win an mp3 player, as I never win these things, and the article in question was manufactured by phillips I thought nothing of it. Anyway, I already have an iPod that some other lighting manufacturer gave me last year.

This morning I was awakened by a courier who handed me a mysterious box, no cover note or anything. On investigation it turns out that I have actually won something, the afforementioned phillips mp3 player in fact. Great, I thought, I'll give it to someone, hopefully someone who is not so materialistic and shallow as to demand a real iPod. This was before I opened the box.

The article contained within is a triumph of misapplication, an mp3 player is by definition portable, this device is four times the size and weight of my iPod, and yet has only enough memory to store eight cds (my Ipod will store up to eight days of continual music). It has speakers, and an FM radio which only works if you use it with headphones. In short, it is a racehorse designed by a committee, and whilst I am reluctant to look any gift horse in the mouth, I cannot think of any use for it.

Oh well, that's someone's christmas spoiled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home