Sunday, November 27, 2005

swamp news

The weather in Bury St Edmunds is bizarre, for the last few days I have driven up the M11 in brilliant sunshine, blue sky and fluffy clouds. Yet, when I turn off onto the A11/A14 the sky turns grey and it starts to rain.

Yesterday we commissioned the sound system, and did the final tweaks, as we worked, there were three violent hailstorms, and a torrential rainstorm to add to the misery. Work on site is quite behind, everything has to be trailered in by tractor, and the route in is beginning to resemble pictures of the Somme. In the tent things aren't very much better, as rain can get in through the kingposts, there are already large pools and mud puddles in the walk rounds, who knows what it will be like when five hundred kids per show have churned it all up. At least it is warm inside the tent.

On another subject, as I travel up and down the road to Suffolk, the displays of christmas lights on peoples houses are begining to go up. The North Circular has some particularly spectacular examples, and I propose to record the worst/best examples that I find on my travels. Feel free to contribute any images that grab your attention. My e-mail can be found in my profile, or the little envelope at the bottom of this post.

2 Comments:

At Monday, November 28, 2005 10:14:00 pm, Blogger Buttongrrrl said...

Nottingham locals have had their 'Christmas Lighting Extravaganzas' (or should I say horrid, tacky ...) up since early November. I have been collecting the best of the worst on my city tours. Will post a few for your delight in a couple of days : )

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:45:00 am, Blogger Lampy said...

I'll check it out, when I'm up next, I did see it, but I was in a freezing portacabin covered in mud, and I have to confess I was looking for the interview I did with them... VANITY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home