Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oh google, what have you done...

It's that time of year again, when I am distracted by the new seed packets appearing in the garden centres, and I dig out my rusty old seed tin (obligatory) with the ever optimistic intention of getting some plants under way. This year I have the added complication of wildlife, and a 'garden' that was carefully tended by twelve sheepdogs for a number of years. Consequently, when I moved in last year, there wasn't much evidence of plant life, a contorted unidentifiable fruit tree front and back, a whacking great pampas grass (sign of a swinger apparently, who knows what shepherds do in their spare time), and some rather sad hostas. I contemplated the nuclear option, but I believe in giving them a chance. All I have found are escapies, a splendid rhubarb down by the burn, and various currant bushes along the banks. There are, however, green shoots, stuff is emerging from the tussocks, so I am proceeding with caution.
When I was visiting the garden centre, I was very taken by the dahlias. There is a snobbish view of these flowers, beloved of parks departments, but I have always been very fond of them, you get a load of bang for your buck, as it were. I thought I'd better check with the centre staff about how attractive they would be to the local bunnies. According to a book they produced, called 'gardening with the enemy', dahlias are not of interest, so I think I'll be having a few.
While I was searching the tin for interesting seeds, and marvelling at how many packets of chilli seeds I've bought, I found a packet I bought in Singapore, I am struggling with the instructions, possibly babelfish's finest: sows in spring like air temperature to hang down, the per diem was towards the clear water one or two times available, if the system grown in a pot can have the small Miao of real leaf to plant in the basins of three. Brought into effect a small amount three essential factors in per month topping application.
There is more, I'll let you know what happens! The seeds are for globe amaranth by the way, maybe I should google them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home