Sunday, April 03, 2011

Hug a hoody?

Since I moved to Scotland there have been a number of siren voices commenting 'aye, you'll need a cardi now that you're living in the north'. I have never found it hard to resist the call, the cardi, in my mind is associated too closely with a) slippers (nuff said), and b) with starsky and hutch. However, browsing the sale rack in a fashionable boutique here in Sheffield, I came across a heavy, zip up top that I rather liked, and at a bargain price too. It was only after I had bought it that I realised that I might have bought a hoody. Ah well, I thought, small risk that I might be mistaken for a juvenile, although delinquent remains a possibility. 

I then thought, what of Mr Camerons' big society, are we not supposed to embrace the hoody and all it represents?

Well blow me down if, the very first time I wore it out, I wasn't pounced upon and hugged, and not just once, but twice! The first time was a charity mugger, who took my refusal in good part, and the second was a rather stoned back street masseuse who promised to make me happy for two pounds, and also didn't take offence at my polite refusal, giving me a boozy hug to see me on my way.
So, maybe there's something in it after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home