Tuesday, January 31, 2006

off to tenerife

This weekend the blog will be making a visit to Tenerife; assuming that the gig isn't too horrendous (which is a risky assumption) I will hopefully be soaking up a bit of sunshine, and as I have most of sunday free, I may even get to see some of the island.

Not much to report on the show itself, the logistics team sent me a 49 page document about the dinner arrangements, none of which has any relevance to me. No doubt all will become clear as crystal when I get there.

update: The advance party flew out today, and I've already had the first 'we've forgotten...., could you pick it up and bring it with you?' phonecall, in this case it was the felt to cover the set with (conference sets are always covered in felt, don't know why). So now I have to drag a bloody great lump of fabric into town and out to Gatwick in the morning. It's also quite heavy, so it'll restrict my luggage allowance too, no matter, I don't usually take much stuff with me any way. In fact I traditionally forget something vital on every trip, shoes, in the case of a two week trip to Vienna in the winter, by way of an example. I suppose if I could bring myself to pack more than 15 minutes before I was due to leave this might be averted, but previous experience suggests that this probably wouldn't help.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:19:00 pm, Blogger Christina S said...

Re forgetting to pack things,
when we went to a friend's wedding in the Scilly Isles a couple of years ago, my eldest son (then 15) forgot his trousers.

We all went in shorts and T shirts in the helicopter to the island, with our wedding clothes in a flight bag.

My son ended up at the wedding in shirt, tie, jacket and smart shoes - and a pair of crumpled khaki shorts. It was a conversation ice breaker at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home