Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Eek!

You didn't see it here first, but I still find it hard to believe; London is to be the official starting point for the Tour de France. Insult to injury, salt and wound recipes, all these spring to mind.

I know, because I live here, that our governors have no shame, but even so...

Half the bloody cyclists will fall down a pothole outside the festival hall, and the rest will be mugged as they pass through Vauxhall. Nice bikes only last minutes in certain parts of the capital, I can imagine international gangs of bike thieves converging on the town, a casual umbrella here, or elbow there and you have a microscopically lightweight machine that cost thousands tucked under your arm and away you go. Has to beat stealing enormous bronze statues for scrap, although I'd like to see their yard mind you!

http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_release.jsp?releaseid=6925

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home