Saturday, April 10, 2010

lovely blankets...

When the Arts correspondent and I visited the Hebrides last year, we were primed to search the charity shops for bolts of unwanted Harris tweed, and more specifically, she was keen to find a proper handwoven blanket. You know the sort of thing: thick, hairy and above all warm. Our searches last year yielded a source of Harris tweed loom ends but not a lot else.

I find myself back in Stornoway, at the end of a short tour, and, as we had got in rather earlier than usual, I had a longer than customary lunch break. As it has been gloriously sunny all day, I wandered aimlessly around the town, enjoying the unfamiliar sensation of sunshine on my skin. As is my custom, I checked out the charity shops, there aren't many, and they are mostly affiliated to various batty versions of the anglican religion. I was startled to spot an hairy blanket in one of the more sensible shops, further investigation yielded another two, which I pounced on. So, now we have three, I'll post a picture when I have the opportunity, needless to say, I am very pleased.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 10, 2010 9:04:00 pm, Anonymous Buttongrrrl said...

Lots of lovely blankets :) more layers for the wonderful but mad Scottish weather. Well done that man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home