Wednesday, October 14, 2009

more food...

My current perambulations up and down the country do offer many hideous culinary offerings, avoid things stuffed with haggis, and above all avoid drambuie sauce! all too common in my experience. I have heard that it is possible to get a Buckfast flavoured icecream, wrong, in so many ways.

Most recent horror I encountered returned to the haggis misappropriation theme: Deep fried crispy haggis won tons, with a chilli/drambui dipping sauce, I wish I'd made it up, I've been having strange dreams ever since I encountered it. It is somewhere up in the pantheon of bad ideas alongside the baked bean pizza, and the lasagne pie. Don't get me wrong, I like haggis, I'm an enthusiastic consumer of sausages in all shapes and forms, but just because it is the national dish doesn't mean you have to eat it with everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home