Monday, July 10, 2006

Hooray, it's panto time

Well, ok, I lied, it isn't.

Just because I'm pleased, and because these things really are decided this far in advance, I am delighted to announce that this year I will be the lighting designer for the Bury St Edmunds panto. I don't think if I am breaking any trade confidences if I reveal that it will be 'Alladin' and as the Theatre Royal is still closed for refurbishment, will be performed in a big top tent somewhere near to the location of last years show. Oh, and first night is the 7th December.

Other than that I know nothing, the director has vaguely mentioned lion dancers and spectacle, we will all have to wait and see. The good news, as far as I am concerned is that they are paying for me to stay up there for the production week, so I should get to visit the smallest pub in the world, and some of the other suffolk delights that I wasn't able to experience last year when I designed the exterior.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:02:00 pm, Blogger Nick said...

Smallest pub in the world a severely over-rated experience. Nobody goes there any longer - it's too crowded.

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:10:00 pm, Blogger Lampy said...

always has been when I walk past, still, it has to be done.

 
At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:43:00 pm, Blogger Nick said...

Oh no it hasn't . . .
(sorry, just getting you into the panto mood . . .)

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:03:00 am, Blogger Lampy said...

oh yes it has...

might as well start now, hope I don't peak too early.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:42:00 pm, Blogger Christina S said...

OH YES IT HAS!!

WHOOOO HOOOO! Excitement, hooray!!! Will the Nottingham correspondant be coming too?

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:21:00 am, Blogger Lampy said...

I think it very likely, although she has a new job and we don't know how demanding of her time this will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home