Wednesday, April 05, 2006

spring?

One of the nice things about coming back after a couple of weeks away is to see what's happened in the garden. This year there has been a very late spring, and things are very delayed, by no means a bad thing in my opinion.















What has caught my eye are the primroses, which are galloping away, practically half the lawn is now invaded; I can forsee that quite a few will have to be dug out before the grass is cut, and the violets under the apple trees. This year they are a very strong colour, violet in fact, and the flowers are quite large. By comparison, our neighbours specimens are small and insipid in colour. An indication that native species do benefit from a more traditional spring I guess.

1 Comments:

At Friday, April 07, 2006 11:47:00 am, Blogger Misty said...

Gorgeous photos :)

My primroses and violets are running riots as well. Lovely time of year for the garden indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home