Friday, August 14, 2009

dream a little dream...

I'm not much given to dreaming, or perhaps more accurately, I'm not much given to remembering my dreams, however, the other night I had a very vivid and strange dream which I thought I'd share:

I was sitting at a small table on the lawn in an unidentifiable and uncharacteristically neat garden, and writing a story on my laptop. My creative reverie was interrupted by a nose pressing me urgently in the side, the owner of the nose was a large smooth haired white dog about the size of an alsation, although altogether more solid than that breed. I pushed it away, and continued typing, only to be poked once again by the dog, this time I pushed it away more forcefully, absently noting, as it moved away, that on its hind legs it was wearing spangly pink high heels. I returned once again to my writing, and after a brief hiatus I became aware of the dogs activities once again; this time it was digging energetically in the very tidy border next to me, after a few moments it unearthed a limp and evidently dead badger. As I watched with mounting discomfort, it dragged the carcase away from me, and with the precision that I have seen dogs exhibit before, it placed its forepaws on what would be the badgers shoulders and with a quick toss of the head, stripped the pelt off the body, and began to eat it.

Naturally enough this was the point where I woke up, any suggestions will be treated with all the seriousness that dream interpretation merits!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:44:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much cheese?

 
At Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:09:00 pm, Anonymous lampy said...

cheese free evening, but a good idea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home