Saturday, January 17, 2009

blow winds and crack your cheeks...

It's blowing up a storm in the shire tonight, my evening has been enriched by a dull clanging from the doors of the cattle shed, the shrill pinging of the cat flap, and occasional waking moments of anguish from the cat himself.

The Arts correspondent has gone to the big smoke for the weekend, naturally all facilities chose to shut down in protest, within ten minutes of our farewell chat (she was on the sleeper) the power failed and didn't come back on 'til past ten in the morning. So, it has been a cautious, quiet day, the wind has been getting stronger, and I wouldn't be wanting to cook anything that depends prolonged heat and power. It's the first time in my experience that I've been harrangued by the cat in the kitchen (wait for the end of the sentence!) and seen his breath forming little clouds of protest. I suppose there's no reason why cats shouldn't huff like humans do, it's just that I've never noticed it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home