Friday, January 16, 2009

Boo!!!

I celebrated my new found freedom to drive yesterday by hitting a patch of spilled oil in the rain, on the harbour road into Aberdeen. The not-ungraceful sensation as my car executed a series of elegant pirouettes along the road before slamming against the curb, was one that I wouldn't care to repeat. Unfortunately I bent a steering rod somewhere in this process, and my front wheels ended up with a perfect ballet dancers turn-out. This hampered my progress somewhat, and I had to be towed into Aberdeen, where a painfully expensive repair is currently taking place. Oh well, I was unhurt and the car was fundamentally undamaged.

I phoned the incident (as one now has to call them) into the polis, as there was a very sad, similar accident locally last year, when a mother on the school run hit a similar patch of oil and the entire contents of the vehicle was killed. The local local council now takes these reports much more seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home