Friday, June 29, 2007

tube secrets...

When I was doing my shows at Toynbee Hall a couple of weeks back, I was using the tube system via Aldgate East tube station. In common with much of the tube network, there is a lot of building work being undertaken. As I waited for my late night train, among the vomitting teenagers and pissed up city workers, I was struck by the tiles on the walls (which are gradually being stripped).


I am sure they have been recorded and preserved elsewhere, but nonetheless, I felt it was worth recording them (rather poorly I'm afraid, it was on my phone). The tiles are about 6 inches square, and a heavy cream glaze. They display a jaunty optimism, and pure decorative delight that is rarely seen these days, enjoy!




































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home