Thursday, September 07, 2006

wall, oh wall

Those among you who have been eagerly waiting for news of the wall, I know that you can be numbered on a cartoon hand, but still, bricks have always been a minority interest. Here we go, as of about 3.00 pm we are now in possession of a fine fettled 120' brick wall. The rude mechanicals have raked the paths, spread the earth and sowed the banks with wild thyme seeds (I made that bit up, I already sowed the banks with wild thyme, it died).

All is well, the neighbours are happy and their daughters have stopped feeding apple crumble to the workers, for which they are probably very grateful (the girls collect up all the fallen apples each day, but sadly their culinary repertoire is very limited, so crumble it is). If I'm feeling very charitable I'll buy them an apple cookbook.

Now that the wall is done, we have a bit of a lacuna where the flower bed used to be, in many ways it's quite nice to have a blank canvas, on the other hand there's over 90' of bare earth to fill, eek! I guess it'll be bulbs for christmas, columbia road in the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home