Monday, September 19, 2005

lies, damned lies etc, etc...

You may have noticed a small, very discrete number right at the bottom of the Blog, this is my site meter, it records the number of visitors that this Blog has had since I got it to work a couple of weeks ago. Thing is, it's a little bit cleverer than that, and can tell me the identity of each visitors' ISP, NOT your personal ID I hasten to add.

If you click on the number you can also explore the wonderful world of Blog stats, there is a cute little world map that shows little dots for visiting ISPs as well as many other features, should anybody wonder why the most popular visitor seems to be in Sheffield, this is where my ISP is hosted.

So I am enchanted to discover that among the occasional readers is someone from Plant City, Florida, how perfect is that? Outside the UK I have also had visitors from Arizona, New Jersey, Minneapolis, Missouri and yet more in Florida, Vancouver and Montreal, Norway, the Ukraine and Hong Kong. Fraternal greetings to you all.

I hope that what seems to me to be a very parochial Blog continues to entertain outside this island even if perhaps it may be a bit confusing sometimes, rest assured that it often feels that way to me too.

5 Comments:

At Monday, September 19, 2005 8:56:00 pm, Blogger Lampy said...

Wow. Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of the world, I feel as though I should twin my Blog with this city. Winter strawberries are almost as improbable as english bananas or lemons, but, and there is an important but here, I am not trying to bilk the seasons. Strawberries in winter seem wrong, against nature. Part of the pleasure of growing things is waiting for them to happen, imagine how dull it would be if the same stuff was available all year round. So, I'm sorry if I offend, but let's celebrate seasonality.

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 9:16:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and at least one person reading your RSS feed from Dallas, TX

(who is slightly jealous that you have better luck wintering tropicals there than we have here... :-)

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 10:35:00 pm, Blogger Lampy said...

don't count on it! watch this space...

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 10:46:00 pm, Blogger Bobbi Salas said...

I'm from Texas. Just thought I'd let you know I stopped by. I too have a site meter. They are such a wonderful little invention. I love knowing where the readers of my blog come from.

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 10:49:00 pm, Blogger Lampy said...

what can I say, greetings from West London : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home